Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Sunday, April 29, 2012

RockySox, the rock and roll sock doll


I teach art to 6-8th graders. I have had a passion for creating comics since the 2nd grade. It is then that I started developing my own characters and giving them personalities. I even attempted to get my comic in the newspaper at this early time. Somehow this dream failed. But, it still exists...
So, I am passing it on to my students. We are doing a unit of art about cartooning. I give them a worksheet in the beginning to plan out characters. This is what it is like, only I filled this one out for my own character...

Creating the Character of RockySox
 After I created Rocky, I had to write a song for him to sing...

Then I began laying out the storyboard and getting my ideas together....

after coloring
Rock in the Flesh... or in the fiber.
song written by Rocky Sox

This is an uncolored version of My comic for RockySox.
(click picture to magnify and read more easily)
I will color it with colored pencils this week when I go back to school... can't wait!
I will soon share some of my students ideas as well for their comics.
One lucky artist will get their comic printed in the Mineola Monitor!
Woop woop! I am so jealous...

http://tabithaannthelostsock.blogspot.com/2012/05/comic-strip-dreams.html

TO BE CONTINUED....

continued here...